Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Waiting Game

My first event is this Friday night, and I'm getting excited and nervous for it. The books have not come in to the publisher yet, so that adds to my nerves. I know they will get to me in time, all the same, I want to check them out well before anyone else does.

Aside from that, I think I have everything else I need lined up. I have an acid-free, no bleed Sharpie for signing. I have bookmarks and business cards. I have something to display a book and a banner for the table.

And I have people who want to purchase the book. That's also important. It will be fun to get out and talk with folks about the book and later hear what they think of it. I just hope I can handle any criticism well. This book is not quite a third child in the sense it is something I made. There are bound to be errors or minor imperfections, but I'm still going to love it. Hopefully I'm not the only one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment