Saturday, June 28, 2014

Park Rapids

I am looking forward to my event today. Park Rapids has a festival of Artists and Authors, and I managed to get in. The part I'm not as excited for: the drive. It should be an easy drive, but I will be spending more time in the car than at the event. Hopefully, my Pandora stays connected, and I have decent music the whole time.

Events like today work different than say a vendor fair. In a way, today is a breeze for me. The bookstore handles the sales, and all I have to do is show up and sign my book. Since the store takes care of the money, I will only get royalties, and see them at my bi-annual payout. A vendor fair is different because I do all the work, but also get paid for it right away. Either way, people get my book and get to chat with me.

I feel like I need to work on my small talk skills. I've spent a lot of time at work away from people, and now going to events I have a harder time thinking about what to talk about. The weather is always one thing to start with. Maybe what they like to read or the last book they purchased. I guess that's something I can think about in the car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment