Friday, June 6, 2014

Wow!

Tonight was my first event, and it was great to see so many people come out to support me. A year ago when I first started writing this book, I had no real idea or plan for what I wanted to see happen. Sure, I thought I might get it printed at some point, but I was not expecting to have a book contract and a full summer of events planned.

It's funny how I'd never paid attention to where a book gets signed. The very first page or the second page with the author name and publisher. After checking a few of the signed books I own, I settled for the latter option.

I sign my name all the time at work. I sign checks, paperwork for my boys at school. But signing a book I wrote is a strange new feeling.I guess I will just have to get used to it :)

I said it on my Facebook page, but I am truly thankful for all the people who have helped me along the way, and continue to support me by coming to events and purchasing the book. I would love to see where all the book travels, so if you have one and take it on vacation, snap a picture and send it my way. I might have to put together a new page for this site highlighting the places it goes.

Again, THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment