Saturday, June 14, 2014

Second Event

Last night was the St. Cloud Art Crawl. Books Revisited was nice enough to ask my publisher to invite some authors to their store for book signings during the crawl. It was a beautiful night, and 8 authors were there from North Star Press. I got to talk to a few of the authors at length, and found myself sitting next to Karlajean Kirk Becvar, who has written about the great Hinkley fire. She has 2 printed in the 4 book series, with the third book coming out in September.

The four hours we sat there went rather fast. It was what has been coined a night for 'exposure'. In other words, I didn't sell any books, but there were plenty of people looking at the book and took my cards. There were also photographers out and about so my cover or myself might show up somewhere.

Next weekend I will head to Hutchinson for a vendor show at the mall. I'm excited to go to Hutch since that is where the story takes place. I might also get to see people I used to work with, and that would also be nice.

I've been trying to do a little more writing again. I've decided to let the third book to this first series sit for a while and start a whole new book. The next characters are Molly and Drew. I haven't quite decided what town to center around, but have the general story sorted out in my head.

Happy early father's day to all the dads.

No comments:

Post a Comment