Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Events

I have a little break until my next event, and I'm trying to get a few things caught up before then. The next thing on my schedule is on July 10th at Glacial Ridge Winery. I'm excited to see what the winery is like, I've never been to that one before. In the meantime, I want to add some info to my bookmarks, trim my banner, and send info out to some libraries or other venues so I can start adding events to my fall schedule.

This last weekend, I was up in Park Rapids at the Sister Wolf Bookstore. Well, actually it was Dorset, but if you blink driving through, you would miss the whole place. The store was great, and they had brought in close to a total of 30 authors for the day. I enjoyed talking with the customers and the authors. It's amazing what others have created, and the work they have poured into their books. I'm also amazed at the number of people who attend events and are authors. One older gentleman and his wife were talking about his writing to me, and she said she can't throw out any papers in fear there is something he jotted down on the piece. I don't think I could handle that. I would lose something.

I did learn some useful information from another romance author at the event. Her name is Deb Jensen, and I have to admit, I want to get her book after meeting her and hearing about the story. She gave me some tips on events and offered suggestions on a few awards to apply for. It would be really cool to have an award-winning novel....

Last week I also submitted my first book review through 2 indie girls. You can read more about the novel I reviewed at their website: http://2indiegirls.weebly.com/book-reviews.html or on their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment