Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ahhhhhh, time to relax!

After I realized how crazy busy my next two weeks would be, I decided to take a day off from my full-time job to relax a bit before the madness starts. I do fully understand that when I get to work Monday morning, I might not be able to see my desk, but I need a mental day. I have 3 events this weekend, and a few other plans.

I'm excited for Friday- the Braham Pie Festival. From what I've found online, the town is only about 1,800 people, and the festival brings in over five thousand people. That's a huge event for the town. Of course, at some point in the day, I will have to get a piece of pie. It is the pie festival for a reason. I'll be sharing a booth with another North Star Press author who I haven't met yet, but do know she writes mysteries.

Saturday is looking to be my longest day. I start in the morning at the Clearwater Craft & Flea Market, then head to Willmar for an author round table in the afternoon, and that evening is the Watkins Kraut and Wurst where I will be volunteering with our fire department. I'm not sure if we are in the food or beer stand this year, but both are a good time with friends.

So far, I have sold about a third of the books I purchased upfront from the publisher. I feel pretty good about that number, and hope this weekend gives me a nice boost. I have started to look for more events this fall and winter since after mid-August, I only have 2 events planned. It will be nice to have a little break too, since we have to get ready for back to school and hopefully have a house warming party- only about a year late.


No comments:

Post a Comment