Wednesday, May 28, 2014

27 Bananas

I took the boys for a little shopping trip on Sunday to get some flowers for my garden and groceries. At the grocery store, I found a deal I couldn't pass up. Bundled up in produce bags were bananas that were starting to turn brown. Most just had spots, but they still looked good. They were marked down to 99 cents a bag, and there were two bags. Jackpot! I took both, dreaming of making smoothies and banana bread.

At home, Brian was also happy with my purchase. He likes them ripe, not green. I took them out of the bag and counted them out. 27 total. My counter is pretty full yet. I haven't taken the time to mash and freeze them or make bread, but we have had a few smoothies and eaten some. I just laugh at myself when I think about all those bananas.

In about a week, I will be having my first book event! I swear it feels like it was just September when I found out North Star wanted to publish my book. I have also added to my calendar yet again. I will be at the St. Cloud Art Crawl on June 13th at Books Revisited downtown. I also have a lead on an event in Hutchison, and really hope it pans out.

There is so much little stuff I need to think about and get ready for my launch. I've had to think about what to sign- more than just a signature. Something cute or catchy. I ordered a banner and a matching phone case. I got a canopy for outdoor events. Then there is deciding what to bring with me. So much to think about.

One think I keep thinking about: I can't wait until I get my books and get to hold my book for the first time. I might just tuck one under my pillow for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment