Friday, May 16, 2014

Birds of a Feather Stick Together

The whole experience of becoming a published author is still amazing to me. I was talking to a co-worker the other day and she was excited that she knew an author now. Heck, I'm excited and a little surprised that I know an author too!

In the last few months, I have been putting time and effort into getting events lined up to get myself out there and sell my book. Some of the events I was able to find on my own or just by luck of asking to do an event. But there are also a few events on my calendar that were brought to my attention by fellow North Star Press authors. The publisher has done a great job of creating a network for the authors to bounce ideas off of each other and offer to share a booth at different venues. It's a great support system to have in place. I've seen some of the reviews on other books, and it makes me want to read them too. One author has also sent me information about being a guest blogger for another nationally know author. That could be huge publicity for me, and I am thankful she thought to offer me the information.

Of course, I wrote my book, so I'm bias, but I am going to have a successful book.I've got my mind set on making it a success. And with the help and support of the publisher, other authors and my readers, I know it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment