Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Measure Twice, Cut Once

As I sit in the recliner at the end of the day, listening to the rain beating on our metal roof, I'm faced with a problem no writer wants to face. I have a typo on one of my marketing tools that I proofread. Or I thought I did when I submitted the order at 1 am last weekend. It could be a learning mistake, something I just have to accept and order new cards, or I could get more creative yet again, and try to fix it. It is a hard choice to make.

I stopped by the publisher today to pay for my books, sending things in motion to be ready to go to press. That is basically just my final go-ahead that I approve what they have shown me and the book is how I want it. In less than a month, I will have my first event, and copies of my book. It felt like such a long process when I got started, but it has gone by very fast. This summer will also fly by as I go to different events promoting my book.

The rain is still pounding away, and I'm debating getting some white out and a pen to correct my error. Would people really notice a missing letter?

Get you book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment