Thursday, April 3, 2014

Proofreading Process

I got the first edited version of my book this week. It feels mildly dorky of me, but as I am reading it, I can't help but enjoy it all over again. I suppose I should since I wrote it.

My current task is to read the book and mark what I think needs to be changed, then give it back to the editor for her to make changes, then give it back to me to see if there are any addition corrections to make. This will be repeated until we are both comfortable with the finished product.

Somewhere in the mix, we are also going to be settling on the cover design. I am still working on adding more events to my calendar as well. I have a few shops and libraries that I want to get lined up. Now that I also have a better idea on the release date, I would like to find something in Hutchinson during their water carnival week in June. It only makes sense since the book is based in Hutchinson.

I am excited that it feels like things are finally picking up speed and moving along again. I should have my finished product in only 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment