Saturday, April 19, 2014

#9 and a little Reflection

I took advantage of the warmer temperature again today and went for a bike ride before supper. Of course, if it wasn't for getting close to a foot of snow this week, we probably also wouldn't have had another mouse in the basement, making me paranoid to just ride the exercise bike. But I digress.

 I got to thinking on my ride about cycles. There are things I did when I was younger, that I tried to get away from, and now the same things are coming back around to me. I hunted when I was younger, but as I got older, I stopped. It wasn't the 'in' thing to do, my interests changed, and I pushed that part of me down. Fast forward through the rest of high school, college, and two boys later, this last fall I went deer hunting for the first time in nearly 10 years. I didn't get to shoot, but the excitement of being in the stand on edge all day, waiting to see one come through that I could get a shot at was enough to make me want to go again next year.

Writing is another one of those things that I pushed away for far too long. I wrote a lot through high school, even starting to write my first novel at that time. I hope to some day go back to that first book and finish it. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the day-to-day and not take time to do the things we enjoy and are meant to do.

Last year, began thinking about a story. The more I thought about it, the more I needed to get it out. I sat down on June 4th, and started writing Moving On. I got back into reading the fall prior after receiving a Kindle for my birthday. I tend to read romance books, and considering who I'm married to, it only made sense to look for novels about firemen. Who doesn't want to imagine themselves as the person in the story? It was hard to find a good story with a fireman, so I thought, I can do this. I made a list of some of the characters I wanted to use, and hit the ground running. In just over a month, anyone will be able to read the story I came up with, and that is something very amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment