Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Can you judge a book by it's cover?

I sent back my second proof for additional edits this week. There hasn't been much that I have needed to fix, which is nice. I couldn't tell if there were things that the publisher changed from how I originally had it, so whatever they did change, it works.

After a few hours on Pintrest, I had a few ideas for my cover. The problem was taking a few pictures. I was able to convince the hubby to pose as my guy, but told him he had to be in full gear, since he really doesn't look like the male character. One of the wives from the fire department agreed to be the photographer, and we were all set.

Sunday was a big fundraiser for the department, and late in the afternoon, there were just a few people left at the hall, so we took some pictures. I wrapped my legs around Brian and took a few shots against a truck. It was going okay until one of the guys had to come investigate and mock us. In the end, he was caught posing with a purse, so I think we are even.

I did a little editing to a few of the pictures and sent them to the publisher to see if they thought any of them would work for my cover. They were shot down, being too suggestive for what they would like to see on the cover, and the other one I liked could have revealed part of the plot.

So now I'm back to searching for the perfect cover photo. Should it be a couple walking in the woods, a hunky fireman at a call, or something else all together?

No comments:

Post a Comment