Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Touchdown in Kimball

It's been an interesting week, to say the least. My launch was Friday night, I spent the weekend with some friends having a craft weekend, my wedding anniversary, and there was a tornado touch-down very close to my house. The damage started less than half a mile from my house, with the most destruction happening on our high school football field. Normally, I can see the uprights on the South end of the field from my dining room window. Now they are just gone.

It was confirmed as a tornado, with about a mile long path. Our house and property was fine, and oddly enough, there was minimal damage through out town. The bus garage was probably the second worst damaged, and even that wasn't major.

I got my vegetable garden cleaned up tonight and hope to get it planted this weekend. With the strange weather I haven't wanted to transplant the plants I have started just yet, but I've been told after Memorial Day they should be safe. It will be nice to harvest food we grew ourselves and know exactly where it came from and if there was any products used on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment