Monday, June 1, 2015

The (almost) Middle of the Year

I revisited some of my goals for the year the other day and came to the realization that I haven't done much yet, and the year is approaching half over. Sounds crazy to think of it like that on the first day of June. Anyway, I got to work. 

The carrots are planted, and with a little luck, I will be able to harvest them. My second book was published in May. Brian and I are signed up for a conceal and carry class, and I've done a little target practice trying to decide what the best gun will be for me. In the process, I ended up with a battle-wound. No, nothing major, but an empty shell hit my forehead and cut it. I am not getting that kind of gun, in case you were wondering. 

The biking has been slow with the odd weather we've had. I was out tonight before supper and ran over a nail. It cut the bike ride short, but I did walk the rest of the way after I stashed the bike. I purchased an indoor bike trainer in the fall, and love it. If you don't know what that is, it's basically something that holds the back tire of your bike up and you can adjust the resistance. I've used my bike more in my basement with that than I have outside. If I hadn't thought it was such a nice day today, I wouldn't have had a flat tire. Oh well.

It's been busy around home, part of my lack of posting. As I type, the chickens are getting butchered. The vegetable garden is in the ground. I may have gone overboard on the tomatoes planting 32 plants for us. I hope the pepper plants survive their abuse from the kittens.

School is out for the summer, and the boys are excited for our family trip this summer. I am too. I made the choice to scale back on summer events after last year and plan on making it a point to do more with the family. I sold more in the fall anyway, but there are still a few summer venues I plan on going to. 

My third book is almost complete. It may be a while before I get it published, but I'm a few nights away from writing the ending. It's not connected to the two I have published, except for having some firefighters in the story. Honestly, I'm more excited about this one than the first two. I really like the storyline and the twists :)

No comments:

Post a Comment