Thursday, September 18, 2014

Back in Action

Tonight I had my first event in just over a month. I was at the Litchfield library. The nice weather and sporting events may have kept some people away, but I had the opportunity to chat with a young writer. She was full of questions, and it was fun to talk about our craft. The librarian from another library I have been at also met me there, and had a gift for me. She made a bag with a fire truck fabric. She said is spoke to her at the quilt shop. As a quilter, I know the feeling.

There's lots going on around home. The garden is just about done. I'm waiting for my tomatoes to finish up so I can make some salsa before I pull everything out. All my practice with my bow can finally be used now that the deer bow season has opened. Brian has even helped me make a ground blind and gave me a camo jacket. The boys are excited with the idea of Mom getting a deer with her bow :) I've got a lot to live up to!

My next event is next weekend. I will be at the Westwood Church in St. Cloud. After that, I am back to around 4 events a month until December. It's hard to know how much I want to plan when there are so many holiday events I would like to be doing with my family. It's kind of sad to think Christmas is only 90 so days away now! My book makes a great gift (I had to add that).

No comments:

Post a Comment