Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Writing Strike


I've found myself in a bit of a writing strike as of late. I haven't been on here giving folks an update, or deep in my next novel. Of course I have a plan for what I want to write next, but the project scares me a little. There is a darker story line than I have used this far, and I wonder how writing that way will affect my own spirits. I might be thinking too deep about it too. Knowing November is National Novel Writing Month might get me going on putting words down.

But here I am again, after a time away, writing while the boys do their homework. I don't remember having this kind of homework when I was their ages, but a lot has changed since then too. 

At my last vendor event, I went back to proofreading my next novel. I am thinking about making it just digital so I don't have inventory to keep, but am not rushing to get it out either. I'm starting to see how fast time goes, and how busy I tend to stay even without getting out to sell books. Sadly, that also keeps my sale numbers low, but I'm not counting on that income at this point.

I had a good laugh last week when I received a letter from my great aunt with a newspaper clipping inside. It was about some of the mistakes found in books (she said it made her think of me. If I find a good news story, I'm sending something back to her). Sadly, I know how some of those writers feel. No amount of proofreading will catch each and every mistake in a book, but we try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment