Saturday, August 29, 2015

Wrapping up Summer




It's amazing how quickly the summer can pass. I scaled back on events this year to spend more time with my family, and don't regret it one bit. We took our first trip and spent the better part of a week in South Dakota. The picture above was at Bear Country. Sadly, this is the best family picture I got. It still looks kind of cool.


Monday the new school year starts up again. I will have a first and second grader! 

I've been asked to be a godmother again too. It's an exciting honor to get asked, and I had hoped I would. Now I have 2 godsons, I think my family knows me well enough to know I am better off with boys than girls :)

The writing has been slow. I finished up my first draft of my third book, not any connection to the two I have published. I haven't decided what I want to do with it once I get it polished up. I know more now about publishing than I did when I finished writing my first one, and might try another option.

The garden is still producing. I picked beans tonight and we had them with fresh potatoes. I've pulled a few carrots, and they are still growing but are bigger than I have ever mangaged to grow. The tomatoes aren't great this year, they seem to crack or split before I get to them. The chickens don't seem to mind. We've been collecting at least one egg every day too.

Fall approaching is also a good thing. Deer hunting starts in 20 days, I need to get my sights set before then. At garage sales this summer I purchased a pile of books I plan on reading when I bike in the basement (it makes the time pass faster). And of course, the food gets better as the temps get lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment