Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sometimes I live in a Zoo (or Farm)

It's been a crazy week at our house. There were 2 birthdays and 2 birthday parties. I spent a night away with the boys, treated one for pink eye and got it myself. We also grew our critters by leaps and bounds. Mittens had 5 kittens Saturday/Sunday. There is one that looks just like her. 



And then these came along Monday night. The 4 yellow ones will be chicken dinner, and the 3 brown ones should be laying hens. They are currently in my basement, and by the end of this week should be moved outside when the temps are higher. 

Last weekend, I pulled the taps from our maple trees after collecting around 75 gallons of sap to make syrup. I did get some of it cooked down, but it's sure a long process. Friday night I had my fire going for 7 hours, and cooked 10 gallons down to about 2. That's still a long way from being syrup. I even had the fire hot enough to make my blocks around the fire crack.

New book cover and proof should be to the printer by the end of this week.... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment