Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Book Progress and signs of Spring

Last week, I was one of many people enjoying the beautiful spring-like weather. We really didn't have a bad winter like last year, but it was long enough to appreciate warm temps and sunshine. The boys and I went for a few walks and a bike ride over the weekend. 

Proof #2 came to me yesterday, and I'm making pretty good progress on reading it over to make any additional corrections. This book is a little shorter than the first one, but without adding too much fluff, I feel it's a complete story. This book takes the same characters from the first book but is told from the perspective of Becca and her husband Boone. They are trying to grow their family with difficulties, and is aptly titled Trying. We're still on track for a May release, and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be avalible in time for Mother's Day. 

I tried to tap my trees last year for maple sap to make maple syrup, but didn't follow through with it. This year, with a little more knowledge, I have collected over 30 gallons of sap. That sounds like a lot, right? It takes 40 gallons to make 1 gallon of syrup. You can learn more about the process and some fun facts at the Minnesota Maple Producers website: www.mnmaple.org

No comments:

Post a Comment