Wednesday, February 4, 2015

50 Shades of Grey and Valentine's Day


A literature student Anastasia Steele meets a handsome, yet tormented, billionaire named Christian Grey. 

Valentine's Day is coming up, and there are 3 things on many women's minds: flowers, chocolate, and a certain movie. I read the book trilogy, more than once to be perfectly honest. Hear me out: they are not going to win any awards any time soon, but there is a very good love story under the sex and fantasy of some rich dude taking interest in an everyday lady.

I want to see the movie, but don't want to put my husband through the pain of 100 minutes of a cheesy romance movie. I'll find some of my girlfriends to see it with instead. I do not have high expectations for the movie, I was one of the people disappointed when Charlie Hunnam stepped down from the role of Christian Grey. If' you've ever seen his acting, he would have done the role much more justice than the guy they replaced him with.

I can't help but wonder if they will try to cram all three books into one movie or string it out into three movies too. Only 10 more days until we know.

In high school, I did a speech about Valentine's day. It was fun to research, and I thought I would share a few facts about the holiday here.

-Approximately 190 million valentines are sent each year in the US. Half of those valentines are given to family members other than husband or wife, usually to children. 
-Teachers receive the most valentines.
-60% of red roses grown in America come from the state of California
-Romance novels make a great gift for your Valentine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment