Monday, January 12, 2015

Motivation

I had an event tonight, and had a good time. It was an author panel at a library. There were 4 of us, and a pretty good sized audience. The librarian had to cut off the questions at the end because of closing time. It's amazing how going to events and talking to other authors and the people in attendance gets my brain going.

Another thing that amazes me is the many different genres and ways to get a book 'out there'. On the panel tonight, we had short stories, young adult fiction, memoirs, and romance. One is self-published, strictly digital, one in various mediums, and contracted authors. There are so many options when it comes to books.

I've been at a bit of a stand-still on my current novel, but feel like tonight helped me gain some motivation. Of course now I don't have time tonight to write (I could if I wasn't doing this, but I need to stay current too) so tomorrow night I will carve out some time.

Just like with my last book, I have to finish what I am working on before I dive into another project. I've been thinking more about my next book than I have the one I am working on, and that's hard. The current project is another romance, and I think it is a very strong story. I can't wait to share it with everyone else. The next one I want to do is going to be a bit darker than what I have been doing, but the format I want to use is going to be fun to write.

The worst part about having motivation this time of night is going to sleep. I know the second I lay down for the night, my mind will kick into high gear and keep me up. I don't want to shut it off, that's when all the good stuff comes out. And it's about time for that to happen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment