Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Time Flies

It's unreal how soon Christmas will be here. I spent most of the weekend getting our house ready for the holidays. The tree is up and there are presents under it, the nativity is out, lights hung on the outside of the house, and my first batch of cookies made. I've also been working on some homemade ornaments for gifts.

This time of year is always fun with young children in your life. The boys are still little enough to easily surprise. They have been eagerly checking their stockings, wondering what Santa will leave them. I'm waiting for them to write a letter to Santa to find out what they want from him for Christmas.

It might be a sign of getting older, but I have more fun seeing them get presents than receiving gifts myself. It's a good thing. I know Christmas won't be this special forever, so I plan on enjoying it as much as I can. I am also very excited to spend Christmas day at home with my family. We usually have somewhere else to be, and with having to work the day after this year, the time at home is even more important.

There are more cookies to be made, but tonight is a rest night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment