Thursday, December 18, 2014

Good Books

I was reading on my Kindle the other day at lunch when the boss walked by. He asked if I was reading my own or someone else's book. I had to laugh about it. I don't think I would have written a book or two if I didn't already like reading.

The last two books I've read have been great. And I didn't think about it at the time, but they both had very vengeful wives. One book was Gone Girl, which most people probably know by the recent movie. It was suggested to me at one of my book events. The preface I was given: it seems like 2 possible ways for the book to go, and then it takes a whole different turn you wouldn't expect. I read looking for clues of what might happen, but I wasn't prepared for the major plot twist. A very good book, and I highly recommend it.

The other one I just finished last night, and stayed up late to get to the ending. It was called After the Fire, and I think I read it is the first of a five part series. The general overview: three siblings are on a fire department and are all involved in a major fire. They decide they are going to do something to change their lives after the fire- have a baby, work on family and marriage problems. Fast forward about 6 months and the story picks back up again. There were also some pretty good twists in the plot, and I got to a point where I just couldn't put it down.

I've got two people reading my second book right now as proof readers and to suggest any changes before I send it off to the publisher to start the rounds of changes. The book is due out in May, and I want to have it before Mother's day. There is a lot to do before then, including scheduling more events. With the first year under my belt, I think I will make a few changes to my schedule. It's hard to turn down events, but I do need to limit myself a little bit but also choose events with the most promise.

In case I don't post again before Christmas, I wish everyone the best. My celebrations start this weekend, and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment