Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Mother Might be Reading this

There have been some people whose first reaction to me telling them I wrote a romance novel is "Is it like 50 Shades of Kimball?" No, it's not.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who loves the 50 Shades books. I've read them, and there is a great love story buried under a lot of sex. Kudos to E L James for being able to write like that. My first book, Moving On, does have a little sex, but the whole time I was writing the book, I kept thinking What if my mom reads this?

I hope that the sex scenes in my first book are tasteful enough that it won't shame my mom. All good romance books need some spice to show the build of the relationship. There have been a few books I've read that the sexual tension is so thick, I keep turning the page to see if anything will actually happen. That's a good read because it keeps the reader engaged. 

On a more PG note, I got another event booked today- my first on on the calendar with a library.

No comments:

Post a Comment